Who are we?
The Bellarmine University Accounting Association (BUAA) is:
- A professional organization focused on preparing students for careers in accounting, educating members about current accounting issues, and promoting the development of professional skills.
- A student-led organization that prides itself on allowing students the opportunity to interact with accounting professionals. The officers work with the firms and corporations in the Louisville area in order to organize on-campus events.
Why should you join?
- BUAA is a fantastic way to get involved on campus and meet new people!
- It will help you start building a network of professionals that are from all around the region.
- You can learn valuable skills, such as interview skills and resume tips.
About our Events:
- Free Period Meetings: Once a week, we generally host a firm during free period to speak with us about what their company is all about, and they also talk about an important topic (such as building a LinkedIn profile) that they think will be useful to us. Lunch is provided!
- Service Event– Each semester, we hold a service event that takes place at the Ronald McDonald house. We hold a collection for items that the Ronald McDonald House needs (such as paper products, cake mix, and aluminum foil) and prepare a dinner for the families.
- Social Event– BUAA is a professional organization that has LOTS of fun! We hold various social events throughout the semester that we all enjoy. In the past, we have organized socials at places such as Malibu Jack’s and an Escape Room.
- Fundraising Event- This semester, our fundraising event was selling Texas Roadhouse gift cards.